This has reference to BSE notice no 20200903-1 dated 3rd September 2020 and NSE Circular no NSE/INSP/45565 dated 2nd September 2020 regarding Investor Awareness on margin collection guidelines. In this regard, please note that
1. Stock Brokers can accept securities as margin from clients only by way of the pledge in the depository system w.e.f. September 1, 2020.
2. Update your mobile number & email Id with your stock broker/depository participant and receive OTP directly from the depository on your email id and/or mobile number to create a pledge.
3. Pay 20% upfront margin of the transaction value to trade in the cash market segment.
4. Investors may please refer to the Exchange’s Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) issued vide circular reference NSE/INSP/45191 dated July 31, 2020, and NSE/INSP/45534 dated August 31, 2020, and other guidelines issued from time to time in this regard.
5. Check your Securities /MF/ Bonds in the consolidated account statement issued by NSDL/CDSL every month.
………. Issued in the interest of Investors”